Skip to main content

Portfolio Refresh 2012


Putting a portfolio together is a daunting task. It can feel like every little detail matters: font choice, color choice, layout, the order of your projects, and how many pages you include. People say that a first impression sticks, and your portfolio is always your first impression on a potential future employer.

No pressure or anything, right!?

Well, this is my latest attempt at a stellar first impression. It's also the first portfolio I've assembled since being out in the 'real world.' That very fact brings its own challenges: how much weight to give to school projects vs. professional projects and how to structure things to help get the job you really want.

Take a peek, pick your favorite page, and let me know what you think.

More after the jump...



Another small bonus: I gave this talk at Ignite Cincinnati two years ago. It was a definite challenge, but the resulting professionally-produced YouTube video has continued to be one of my greatest assets in looking for a job. It lets people see what I look like, what I sound like, and my sense of humor—which in turn makes people a lot more comfortable when it comes to inviting me in for an interview.

Comments