Skip to main content

On Air > npr's Talk of the Nation

When I was in middle school, I called the local pop radio station and got to announce one of the songs in their daily top ten. We recorded my radio appearance on a cassette tape. I kid you not.

I don't usually get to listen to npr during the day, but today I had it on in my car while I was running some afternoon errands. When Talk of the Nation invited listeners to call in for a segment about new grads not being able to find jobs, I decided to call and weigh in. The line was busy the first few times I called, but then I got through. And I made it onto the show. You can hear me at approx. the 11:00 mark.



There are plenty of things that I wish I would have said: that co-op is invaluable, schools need to be more real-world oriented, and the added cost of a degree from a big name university doesn't seem to be worth it. But I'm glad, in my minute on this show, that I piped in and said something along the lines of, 'it's not all bad.'

Comments