Skip to main content

(processed) food design

These new! StackerMallows appalled me when I came across them in the store. S'mores in seconds? Last time I checked, it took about 15 seconds to make a microwave s'more with a perfectly cylindrical marshmallow. That's fast enough for me, thank you. And how would you even go about toasting one of these squished, squatty things over a campfire?

And just now I realized...my favored cylindrical mallows aren't-so-natural either. They surely come out of an extruder in a factory. Homemade marshmallows are almost always cubes.

This begs the question: what's the point of entry for processed food? Time? Convenience? Novelty? Would you buy these StackerMallows?


As a side note, I realized that my entire apartment has the same linoleum floor as my local Target. Thank goodness for IKEA rugs!

Comments