Skip to main content

listen up

Are you someone who works in complete, utter silence?
I like silence for writing emails to multiple people, doing big (and little) math equations, and trying to remember things. Come to think of it, I also like silence for drafting blog posts.

But sometimes background noise is nice. My noise of choice? Podcasts. They're perfect companions for long hours of sketching or cut-and-paste record keeping. It can be tricky to find the good ones, the ones that are interesting enough to hold your attention without being too complex to follow with only half your brain (I swear I don't mean that in a bad way).

Have you heard of Joy the Baker? If not, you neeeeeeed to go visit her blog. Right now. Go do it. http://www.joythebaker.com/

It makes me giggle and is chock-full of b-e-a-utiful photos of food along with silly stories and righteous recipes. Joy has a pretty-new podcast with her bud Tracy of Shutterbean over at homefries.com, and it doesn't disappoint. In fact, it may be my new favorite.
(this icon's straight from homefries.com)

Lots of other reliable options come from npr. I suggest Radio Lab (although I find their website hard to navigate), This American Life, and On Point. Happy listening!

Comments