Skip to main content

design for emerging markets presentation

The link to my presentation about design for emerging markets is (here)
The presentation went well today (thanks, in large part, to my super-duper-supportive friends who I adore). There was some interesting conversation, but not quite as much as I would have liked. Somehow the presentation made things feel a little forced, and I definitely got the feeling that I- as the presenter- was heavily peppering the whole thing with my own personal opinions.

Another issue related to design for emerging markets that I have been thinking about is press vs. progress. By this, I mean, how much press does a design project need in order to garner enough attention to draw people to the cause? Is too much press a good or a bad thing? Are the projects and products more regularly featured in the press (hippo rollers, OLPC, life straw) any good? Are they the best?

Comments