Skip to main content

seeing the region

I just got back from a fabulous three day adventure in the Smoky Mountains with my friends (most likely the last spring break of my life.) On a trip through the local grocery store ('Food City') I caught sight of these Kern's snack cakes, and had to snap a photo. It's a regional brand of food akin to Little Debbie or Hostess here. When traveling, I live for these little queues that tell a story or give some insight into the locale you are visiting. I think this is one of the reasons I am so drawn to food...it has much to do with where you are (local ingredients) and your unique heritage (family recipes.) Perhaps this, too, is why I hesitate to join the forces of an international product design corporation. Is it really right that something designed in the Midwestern United States should be sold in countries all over the globe?

Comments