Skip to main content

checking out the competition...

Every program in every college everywhere has a rival of some sort. A couple weeks ago I had the privilege of attending an IDSA Boston portfolio review at Wentworth Institute of Technology. During the review, I sat with one of my ELEVEN co-workers and helped give feedback on portfolios. When I introduced myself as a senior from the University of Cincinnati, one of the Wentworth students said, 'OH Cincinnati...the EMPIRE!' It was the first time I had heard that perspective!

In any case, Art Center (in Pasadena) is the industrial design program that we tend to look up to. Today during work I came across the blog of Art Center student Stephane Angoulvant. Everything about it is really crisp and clean- from the layout of the blog itself to the projects presented. Not only is it an excellent example of exemplary work, it chronicles the Art Center curriculum and gives valid perspective as to how we stack up. (pictured above is Stephane's most recent project, a take-anywhere fish smoker.)

Comments

  1. Thanks for the link! I love your description of my project: "take-anywhere fish smoker" just sounds much better than what I came up with.

    You should know though, I look up to UC students too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment