Skip to main content

another new begining

Here we go...one more co-op (where did the time go?) and I am heading to Boston. Last spring I was hoping that the fall would find me in Boston, and soon I will be starting a new job there.

From what I have heard, some people grow up, go to college, get a job, and start a family-sometimes all in the same city where they are born. I find it lucky and trying that my curriculum makes it nearly impossible to follow that path. Upon graduation, even if I do not have a job, I will have had well over a year of professional experience in four different locales (and jobs) as well as a three month European road (rail) trip behind me. What lessons come out of all this moving around?

- I barely need anything to live my day-to-day life. I know for a fact that I can carry everything I need, and most of it fits in a backpack.
- People matter most. Every experience comes down to the people- whether it be friendly co-workers or roommates at a hostel, friends (even new ones) make everything better.
- Almost anyone can do almost anything for three months. What happens when we get a 'real' job? We'll probably be relieved to not have to pack up and move after three months...
(thanks to shoothead over at flickr for this photo taken in the Boston public garden)


...design thoughts are coming as soon as I can figure out how to get the photos off my phone!

Comments

Post a Comment