Skip to main content

things to keep in mind...

During my research on Africa for the desktop computer studio, I have found that low-technology is as important- if not more important- as high-technology. What I mean is that people are better at doing more with less. They re-use objects we might consider to be inanimate (like the milk jug in the photo above being used as a pull toy.) This will play into my project considerably. How can I incorporate things that are readily available in Africa into my computer system, and how can I make the 'waste' from my new concept useful in some way?

Here is a link to a good article about re-use in Africa. That article, and the photo above, both came from Afrigadget.com, which is a great resource on people being resourceful.

Comments

  1. You may have already seen this, but I think this is an excellent high level framework for your studio work.

    http://www.core77.com/blog/featured_items/the_5ds_of_bop_marketing_touchpoints_for_a_holistic_humancentered_strategy_12233.asp

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment