Here is part one of our USB-drive project. There are two sets of three USB drives, 4, 6, and 6 gigs respectively. The idea is that the 4GB drive is the basic version and the 8GB is luxury.
I learned a lot about design visualization and Illustrator while I was working on this project.
For one thing, this is the first time I have done orthographic drawings that are really compelling. Usually orthographic drawings are line drawings that look very mathematical (like engineering work...) Using Illustrator to 'render out' orthographics makes them more interesting and is almost enough to pitch a concept.
I also learned more about indicating different materials- through trial and error I made part lines, reflective surfaces, and transparent surfaces. Gradients and Gaussian blur are fan-ta-stic!
I will continue to post updates for this project through next week...